Monday 25 May 2020

MIT Hui: Feedback on website design thinking

Today I was brave enough to share my prototype with my teaching colleagues from MIT:2020! They all made some worthwhile suggestions about my newly designed website to share online. This prompted me to think back to my original "Achievement Challenge" which was: Teachers need a digital tool for the ongoing collection, analysis and sharing of ENGAGE data. This research project has been designed to support other teachers who will be using the ENGAGE games in their classroom with students on a daily basis. So in my introduction I included parents, this has now been deleted as I need to solely focus on teachers. I had also included other videos of my story telling and creating science experiments (during the lockdown) which was off the topic and have since been removed. However, these are still available to view on the Team 2 site at PES. https://sites.google.com/s/1EUBYK8aQdRkpBXasd5QHqXVb1q2hb9Uk/p/1gvleo_u7KxkZkP-6hiWkKEXILMEqnV0k/edit I now aim to add new videos of children participating in the ENGAGE videos at school and include a tutorial video for teachers on how to use the data collection spreadsheet on a weekly basis. This will help teachers to identify next steps in regards to children's key competencies and self management skills within a school environment. I would also like to include some more relevant research to support the idea that children's well being and holistic/emotional development needs to be nurtured and encouraged in a social setting. You can view the comments made below that influenced my decision to change my prototype and refine it accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment