Friday 29 March 2019

DFI: Week 4 Reflection

Today's session was focused on the "Share" part of the Manaiakalani pedagogy.
Share (Tohatoha) - focus on sharing content via a digital media in a safe environment.
Remember to share for a purpose and be mindful of your audience. Teachers/Students can share with one another, other classes, schools and be on the world wide web. A reminder not to share your personal details online such as phone number and home address. Use Blogger as a way to monitor personal blogs and professional blogs.
Ref: Prof. John Hattie (meta-cognition/ feedback/ reciprocal teaching/teaching problem solving). "Visible Teaching and Learning occurs when teachers see learning through the eyes of students and help them become their own teachers".
I learnt how to use Google Forms for my class to ascertain their learning outcomes in core curriculum areas such as; Reading, Writing and Maths. I plan to create a Number knowledge survey for my students to use on their Maths site.
      I also learnt how to use Google - My Maps to search for a location and find out how to get there whether it be in Auckland, New Zealand or overseas?
      When Google sheets were introduced I was able to further my knowledge of creating these independently using the tools provided to efficiently create a spreadsheet with so much more information and formatting abilities than I already knew. I will use these in future long term plans for Reading, Writing and Maths.
      Finally, I reviewed a student's blog and created a data analysis/collection of her blogposts.
      If I aim to apply these new skills learnt, this will overall become a timesaver and help me to be able to spend more time on the weekends with my family. I also feel that is will make planning easier and more effective in the future.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment