Friday 22 March 2019

DFI: Week 3

Today we focused on the "Create" part of the Manaiakalani pedagogy. It begins with the hook that lures students in and supports the way that Maori and Pasifika children learn creatively and expressively as their ancestors began to use pencil and paper much later than other nationalities. This is based on American philosopher John Dewey (1859- 1952) who advocated 'learning by doing' approach to education."To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness”. I learnt that he founded a school in Hawaii which is based on the Learn, Create, Share philosophy which I would like to explore further. In addition, Sir Ken Robinson in England gives keynote presentations around promoting Creativity in schools which I will also investigate. We unpacked the duty of care around YouTube and its protocols. I learnt how to create my own moving animation of a truck crashing into a tree using Google slides. I aim to teach my class how to do this using their iPads as part of my CyberSmart lesson next week. Then I will encourage them to share onto their blogs. Finally I brushed up on my Te Reo skills and planned a digital Pepeha which I am going to get ready to present to my fellow colleagues on the DFI next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment