Friday 8 March 2019

Week 1: DFI reflection

Digital Fluency Intensive workshop feedback.

Manaiakalani pedagogy: This began in 2006 when the cluster of seven schools in the Tamaki region of Auckland began a digital technology journey that would involve students learning using digital devices with support from their teachers.
Out of this came the Learn, Create, Share kaupapa which enabled students to publicly share their work with teachers, whanau (family)/ friends and the world at large…
In 2010 Point England school joined this network giving internet access to both children and their families at home and giving them an opportunity to continue their learning at home on a Chromebook.
Professional Development:I have gained confidence in using Google Docs to create posters, blog posts and notes from large documents to make my work more efficient which will save time.
Support for my Learners: I learnt how to use the Voice typing tool effectively which I will take back to my classroom and encourage my Year 2 students to use on their iPads when reading their own stories they have written. This will also support my own Inquiry focus of increasing Writing achievement.
Personal life: Finally, I learnt how to create group emails and be able to include a number of people who need the information at the same time. This will help me to be more organised in future communications with work colleagues or friends.

I created this poster, have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment