Saturday 31 October 2020

Wananga 2020

On Thursday 22nd October I was privileged to be able to share my research and newly devised digital tool to a group of teaching professionals hosted by the Manaiakalani outreach program. I focused on ENGAGE which is a series of games played by young children to develop self regulation skills and increase language. I have designed a website: https://sites.google.com/ptengland.school.nz/goldengiftsin2020/home to explain how teachers can use these games in their classroom environment and the benefits it has. These videos were also shared on our Team 2 site during lockdown as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. Please leave a comment after viewing my presentation. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YJek2_n8oONHiJm18nnjC3NwrqNtuSwhrYOBHyIsGWw/edit#slide=id.ga4323cda3e_0_5 This has been a rewarding experience to watch the holistic growth and cognitive development of the Year 2 children that I teach.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sonali

    Would you be able to adjust the link to the tool site you have made? It isn't working for me.

    I just wanted to say to that your inquiry is inspirational and provides great insight into the young learners you're working with. The clarity with which you presented the impact on these young learners disposition to learning was great. Don't know if you had a chance to revisit the livestream your presentation . What you are establishing for these you people is a great start to learning at school. Tau ke tō mahi.

    ReplyDelete